Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:22 AM
Isin does the following things (if *.* then to all the files in your directory) :
1) Attempts to open the archive file specified, if it was not created by Isout then it will give an error message.
2) If the archive file is in the correct format it will process all the files listed inside the archive as follows:
3) If the target file does not exist it will create it and add all the records currently in the archive for this file.
4) If the target file exists then any records in the archive will overwrite records in the file. Any records not present in the target file but in the archive will be added. Any records in the target file but not in the archive will not be affected.
5) If the target file exists but has a different key structure then they keys of the records being loaded will get messed up!