#16 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:04 PM

Bob,

Quite right about NYC. A number of folks in Northern NJ commute into NYC everyday. The rule of thumb for deciding to work in the city or not:

Decrease your gross salary by 10% - 15%. If you could get a job in Northern NJ in that range take it. You'll have the same take home pay after taxes and commuting expenses and 1 - 2 hours less of commuting on a daily basis.

In NYC you get to pay city tax, state tax and of course federal tax.

I do like the idea of no state income tax. But, on the downside, every conversation with someone living outside the state will eventually contain a snide remark about your voting system...

Regards,

Joseph

#17 Bob Filipiak

Bob Filipiak

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:48 AM

Joseph,

RE: Voting system

But its fixed (and in more ways than ONE!)

The 2000 election debaucke has made Florida a laughingstock for years to come.

But nothing like my old home town of Chicago, where the dead have been known to vote!!!!

Bob Filipiak

#18 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:02 AM

Bob,

There was a mayor of NYC - David Dinkens who won at least one election by a margin less than the total number of dead people who voted. I don't know what it is that dead people know, but they seem to vote overwhelmingly democratic. I believe that the democratic party has the best pulse on America's deceased urban population. :D

But enough about the quality of our American electorate - we need not give the internationals any more ammunition these days. (Although just for fun I could add - Democracy, at least it's not a monarcy... but why do that?)

Regards,

Joseph

#19 Guest_Sun Seeker_*

Guest_Sun Seeker_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:16 AM

Bob,

how is the Pro-IV employment market in Florida.

Do you know of any sites looking for people or, alternatively, is there any site similar to the UK jobserve one searching for openings?

There is a large British expat community down there isn't there? Hopefully I would be able to find some decent fish and chips to munch on the beach.

It certainly sounds appealing.

Regards

Very Pale Englishman

#20 Bob Filipiak

Bob Filipiak

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:06 PM

Dear Mr. englishman,

I am not in a position to speak for the number of PRO-IV sites here in Florida. I work for a private company as a ?caretaker:. At one time (late 1980's) there was a company that sold systems that used PRO-IV code. But what has happened to them is unknown. A handful of them were small local governments. I suspect that most of theose sites have long switched over to something else..

Sorry, that may not be of much help; but Florida mhas several metro areas, and I live the the tampa, area. Places to check out are Miami-Dade, Orlando (House of the Mouse) and possibly Jacksonville (only because they have a large port, and a naval station)

HTH

Bob Filipiak

#21 Bob Filipiak

Bob Filipiak

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:11 PM

Joseph,

You are right about the internationals, and especially considering the current events (Iraqi prisoner abuse); enough already.

Now, stated completely with tongue between teeth; (read as extreme sarcasm) if you really want torture - try to learn PRO-IV without ANY help.

Bob Filipiak

#22 Stef

Stef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:54 AM

(Although just for fun I could add - Democracy, at least it's not a monarcy... but why do that?)

True the UK is a monarchy, but the US isn't a democracy either, it's a republic.
And, just like in Rome, Bush is Nero... :D

#23 GBabula

GBabula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:08 PM

The 2000 election debaucke has made Florida a laughingstock for years to come.

Is it any wonder that such a screwed-up election could only happen in Florida? I mean, what else would one expect from a state shaped like a....ah, nevermind...

#24 GBabula

GBabula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:09 PM

But nothing like my old home town of Chicago, where the dead have been known to vote!!!!

Remember what Al Capone said:

"Vote early, and vote often!"

;)

#25 GBabula

GBabula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:17 PM

Despite having the highest car insurance rates, high taxes, very high cost of living, most congested infrastructure of any US state, a governor with (alleged) mob ties, it's still a nice place to live.

All true, but we *do* have the lowest (or second-lowest) gasoline prices in the nation.

As for the gov's alleged mob associates:

Visitor: Do you have any corrupt politicians in New Jersey?

New Jersyan: Is there any other kind?

I ;) NJ!

#26 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:18 PM

Stef,

Alright, fair point about the republic thing... As for the George Bush and Nero comparison: George Bush can not play the fiddle and has not yet started any policies of destroying Christians through boiling tar, or by letting them fight lions at the Colliseum.

Regards,

Joseph

#27 Glenn Meyers

Glenn Meyers

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:I also raise African Gray Parrots and build hot rod automobiles.

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:22 PM

Two comments.......
1. On Texas:
To get to Texas you go south....When you SMELL Manure, THAT is Okalahoma. When you STEP in it, THAT is Texas.

2. On New Jersey:
There MUST have been a REASON that the statue of Liberty was built facing AWAY from New Jersey.

Cheers!
Glenn ;)

#28 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:40 PM

Glenn,

2. On New Jersey:
There MUST have been a REASON that the statue of Liberty was built facing AWAY from New Jersey.

Forethought. Given the current geo-political situation, it makes it that much easier to push it back from whence it came.

Now, which of the remaining 47 states are you advocating in favor of?

Regards,

Joseph

#29 Stef

Stef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:35 AM

George Bush can not play the fiddle and has not yet started any policies of destroying Christians through boiling tar

Oh yeah, that's just Muslims, isn't it? ;)

#30 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

Sorry Stef,

I won't be baited into any further political discussion.

Some of us (myself included) are a lot less removed from the events of September 11 and therefore have very strong opinions about the war on terror, etc. However, proferring those opinions here would do nothing for advancing discussion about ProIV.

Regards,

Joseph

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users