3 replies to this topic

#1 ac1211

ac1211

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:54 AM

Hi All,

I would like to seek help on how to automatically disconnect or kick-out an idle session in PROIV(i.e 5-10 mins) running on unix platform.

Thanks in advance!

AC

#2 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:42 AM

Hi,

Couple of methods....

You can set @TIMEOUT and @TFUNCT in the logon function to your app. @TIMEOUT is specified in minutes and @TFUNCT is the function you want to run. So to log them out set @TFUNCT = "OFF".

This basically will rollback anything the user is doing after @TIMEOUT minutes and log them out. Beware that this will cancel anything that the user is currently in/doing.

It will only log out screen sessions, and not updates that are running, but there was a 'bug/problem' that if you have a UMSG with -1 in a Update function then it will also timeout. This is has now been fixed but I'm not sure what version fixed it. Probably some version of 5.5

Another method would be to use an external util that can monitor processes and kill them if they are idle for too long. A program like logmon from http://www.computron.com does this.

Rob D.

#3 Lewis Mccabe

Lewis Mccabe

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

Rob,

Do you know how PRO-IV handles timeouts when a global screen is called during an update?

Lew

Edited by Lewis Mccabe, 02 April 2004 - 02:40 PM.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:02 PM

Thanks Rob

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users