- - - - -

Misleading Agent

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fedup_*

Guest_fedup_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:54 AM

Somebody has posted an ad on jobserve for positions in Sweden with a rate of 43-55 an hour.

I reckon this is totally bollox

I am not in Karlskrona, but am through CSC in sweden and i dont believe this guy for a minute.

I Suggest people should be wary about this guy

http://www.jobserve....05AE900F7CD7A93

#2 Guest_Y oh Y_*

Guest_Y oh Y_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:58 AM

So why are you so fed up dude..????

#3 Guest_Character_assasin_*

Guest_Character_assasin_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:05 AM

Dear Fedup,
Whilst 55Ph sounds a little optimistic I would be wary of openly "slagging" anyone one on a messageboard in this way. As far as I'm aware there are PRO-IV jobs around and there's plenty of choice when it comes to agencies - if you don't like one you can always find another.... then again, if you sent in your C.V. for this, perhaps YOU are the problem. (w00t)

#4 Phil

Phil

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:19 AM

Dear Fedup,
Whilst 55Ph sounds a little optimistic I would be wary of openly "slagging" anyone one on a messageboard in this way. As far as I'm aware there are PRO-IV jobs around and there's plenty of choice when it comes to agencies - if you don't like one you can always find another.... then again, if you sent in your C.V. for this, perhaps YOU are the problem. (w00t)

Thats a bit harsh, I don't think Fed Up is alone in his experience, the amount of "phantom" vacancies I've applied for !!
The way I have found out if they're phantom is by asking someone I already know who works there.

I'm sure if you were to ask a percentage of IT professionals what they would put in room 101 (room 101 - things you would like to banish) the most common answer would be agents.

There are, however, diamonds in the rough.

#5 Guest_Doubting Thomas_*

Guest_Doubting Thomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:20 AM

I'm with Fedup,

There is nothing worse than an agent 'Fishing' for C.V.'s when they don't have a request from the client to do so.

One of many Agency tricks, just copy an ad from other agencies and then work out who the client is and try and get people to send their C.V.s. How do you stand out from the other agencies? Well, how about offering a 43-55ph, that should get people interested. The client doesn't pay that much so unless the agent is happy to dip into his own pocket to make up the difference then he is misleading interested parties.

If an agent can't work ethically they can't be trusted and should be 'outed'. Good job Fedup and well spotted.

Let's out them all so we can build up our own private lists of unnethical/untruthful agents to avoid.

Now then, lets all just sit back and wait for the ever entertaining BS Bruce to make his comment ...

#6 Phil

Phil

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:51 AM

Another agency trick where you know there is no vacancy at the end of the line is when, on first contact with them they ask you more questions about where you have worked and where you are working.
Where are you working ?
Whereabouts is that ?
Whats your rate ?
Are they looking for anyone ?
etc,

Do they really credit us with no common sense ? (w00t)

#7 Guest_Doubting Thomas_*

Guest_Doubting Thomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:44 AM

Phil,

Where are you working?
Whereabouts is that?
Whats your rate?
Are they looking for anyone else?

#8 Phil

Phil

Expert