2 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Wilhelm

Gary Wilhelm

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 07:10 PM

I have a runtime only version on a local Linux server, so I program in a Windows development environment. When I import the function to the server, the screen of my function is messed up in that what used to fit on the screen, no longer does. Is there a setting in PROIV that sets screen size?

Thanx,
Gary

#2 Andy Jones

Andy Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 09:04 PM

Gary,

The environment variable PROTERM is used to point at the CRT definition PROIV will use.
In addition to certain control characters, CRT definitions hold the screen dimensions. (run $CRT to view/edit the actual definition)

Dev Studio on PROIV 5.x requires the use of a definition called 'GUIDEV' which, if memory serves me, defines the screen size to 110 wide by 30 deep. This is to give the real-estate for the extended 100 char wide logic lines. (VIP will increases this def. to 113x30 when installed)

You don't say if you run your app under the GUI when it's on the server, but I'm going to guess that you do.
It's likely that the setting of PROTERM on the server is GUICLR which is normally set to match 'standard' green screen dimensions of 80x24. Running under this would cause the strange display issues such as early line wrapping or items not appearing at all.
To remedy, either ensure that your runtime area has the PROTERM enviroment var pointing to GUIDEV too, or if you are running under greenscreen (or want to stick with GUICLR) check that your screen layouts don't exceeded the screen size 80x24.

HTH,

Andy
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Don't learn from your own mistakes - it's safer and more entertaining to learn from the mistakes of others!

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should!

#3 Gary Wilhelm

Gary Wilhelm

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 04:32 PM

Thanx,

GUIDEV did the trick

Gary

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic