8 replies to this topic

#1 Eire03

Eire03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 03:44 PM

Hi,

I am using AIX Version 4 and have finished creating a report. The report was doing what was requested of it but I have been meanwhile asked to add an additional date field, which all together increases the length of the page, by 10 characters.
The previous report used up to 80 characters but now with increased length it doesn't seem to work i.e. it prints everything else in each record except the last field which goes from column 84 to 90 and which is a percentage number converted to a string.

When the report runs it shows the header wrapped to the next line and every record in the same way but the curious thing is that it shows every field up to character 82 (or 83 ?) but nothing else after that, except for the header and the very last record (!?).

Any thoughts on this?
I am wondering if the extra length is creating any sort of conflict in PRO-IV has I have changed nothing else but that extra date field which doesn’t seem to conflict (code wise) with the rest except for the added length.

Cheers.

#2 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:39 PM

The most likely cause is that the new field has not been added to the Logical Report.
If you had 19 fields then Logical Report 1 will have Start Field 1 End Field 19.
When you added the new field, did you increase the End Field Value?
So in this example case, after adding one field the End Field value will now have to be set to 20.

Edited by Chris Pepper, 15 October 2003 - 04:40 PM.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:11 PM

Might also be that the page width in the LR spec(s) is set to 80 and you haven't increased it.
Or, if you're viewing output on-screen, that your CRT definition is clipping at 80 (50 in hex) characters wide.

#4 Ashok Prakash G

Ashok Prakash G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:09 AM

I also think the problem is with the start and end field in the report.

#5 Eire03

Eire03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:35 AM

Ufff, it's with embarrassment that I admit that it was indeed the start and end fields. I thought I had changed them but I skipped one of the characteristics and checked once again after your posts!! :(

Thanks for your support!

#6 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 10:07 AM

One thing about teaching ProIV classes from the year dot is that you get the ability to diagnose the common faults very quickly!

#7 Eire03

Eire03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for that!! :(

#8 Rick Young

Rick Young

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:36 PM

One thing about teaching ProIV classes from the year dot is that you get the ability to diagnose the common faults very quickly!

Was the year dot, a good period?

/ponder :(

#9 Brian Manners

Brian Manners

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 12:58 AM

Boom Ching :(
It's all good

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic