VIP Backup File
Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:13 PM
We've been using VIP for about 6 months now and our backup file is 45% full. So, within the next 6 or 7 months we're going to be full and I'd like to do something about it way before then.
Is there a way to increase the capacity of this file, can we archive backups or do we need to go back to creating renamed copies of the functions to keep previous version(s) around?
Any info or advice on this would be appreciated.
Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:44 PM
Assuming that you do not know how to increase this - here is one method - without knowing what platform you are on, I shall give the Unix method.
1. cd /u/pro (or whereever your PROPATH is)
2. isout filename.out filename.pro
3. iskeys filename.pro | head
4. note the key length.
5. iscr -knn -r3000 filename.pro (where nn is the key length note in 4. Note too - there are no spaces between the "k" and "nn" nor between "r" and "3000")
6. iskeys filename.pro (ensure no errors. If there are, rm filename.pro, and repeat step 5.)
7. isin filename.out
AFAIK this gives a max file size of 384MB
Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:40 PM
The backup file has been created with the maximum metrics giving a limit of 384mb.
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users