4 replies to this topic

#1 Niall Balfe

Niall Balfe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:49 AM

Have recently upgraded from 4.6 to 5.5
Previously (in 4.6), while executing ARNE logic on a file and issuing a MSG together with a FLD statement returning control to the read field, control passed back to the FLD without processing any further files to be read on the same field. eg:

file1 - read fld 2, return fld 2, ARNE lgc 1
file 2 - read fld 2, return fld 3

logic 1 - test for condition, if error then issue message and return to fld 2

in this case, if the error condition was found in logic 1, file 2 was not read and control went back to fld 2.

Now (in 5.5), ALL files to be processed on the same field are read and processed, regardless of any FLD statements in ARNE logic. eg:

function set up as before, but in this case, if the error condition was found in logic 1, the error message was displayed ok, but file 2 was read and control carried on to fld 3.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?
Is this a problem with PRO-IV and if so, is there a cure for it? (other than amending all code)

#2 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:58 AM

Hi,

Try putting a DSEL in the logic before the FLD stattement,

Not sure if this is something that has changed, I dont have 4.6 up and running at the mo..

Rob D.

#3 Niall Balfe

Niall Balfe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 12:09 PM

Rob,
thanks for the response.
I've tried that already and it does work, naturally.

However, I was hoping not to have to do this. I'm working on a fairly mature product and to have to amend the behaviour of potentially a large number of screens is not very attractive.
I can't find anything in release notes suggesting that there has been a change to the timing cycle, nor any reports of others encountering problems.

I'm just not sure whether I can go and badger PRO-IV about this issue.

Niall

#4 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 12:22 PM

Ah, see your point :o

Well, if ProIV wont change it, you could write a function to insert the DSEL into the logic automatically, for all your functions... If you have the bootstrap filedefs.

Rob D.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:37 AM

Niall,

Assuming your assessment is correct and Pro-IV haven't announced this somewhere as a change in behaviour (I don't use 5.5), it sounds simply as if ProIV have introduced a bug into V5.5
I believe you should report it to them and they should fix it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users