#1 Yee Ming Yew

Yee Ming Yew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 05:06 AM

Hi ..

I encounter this error message "Insufficient privilege for attempted operation"
when i adding a record to a files in a update cycle.

The files mode is "A". The strange things is when i change the files modes to "B" , this
error don't prompt .

Anyone have any idea what really happen.

Thanks ..

#2 Doug Smith

Doug Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 05:20 AM

Hi,

I have had seen this problem on one of our client test systems. It has only happened when using oracle 9i, 8i is fine.

We had this problem where pro4/oracle9i seems to report the incorrect oracle error. I'm not sure whether Oracle or Pro4 is at fault. When I got the insufficient privs message, I did a low level Oracle trace and the problem was actually a Unique Constraint Error, Oracle error 00001. It seems similar to your problem where you get the problem with 'A' mode, but not with 'B' mode.

I would suspect that, when in 'A' mode, the function tries to add the same key/row twice in Oracle, which will throw up an ORA-0001- Unique Constraint Violation. In 'B' mode, the functions will probably Insert the record and then do an Update, which is why you don't see the error in 'B' mode, as Oracle is fine with that.

I would suggest checking the function to make sure that every Key/Row that it tries to Insert is unique, maybe add some UMSG's.

HTH

Doug

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users