#1 gkwalton

gkwalton

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:01 PM

Hello,

I cannot get the Refresh() property to work for multi cycle screens. What I would like to use it for is keeping a running total in paging screens. That is, in before write of a file in a paging screen I would like to sum an accumulator and then refresh it. The accumulator would reside in the non paging, "header" part of the screen.

I would imagine that this should be fairly straight forward but I am new to version 5 and properties. Anybody know what I am missing?

Thanks in advance,
George.

#2 Andy Jones

Andy Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:36 AM

Hi George,

As far as I know the Refresh() method is only supported for Field/Dynamic objects and not format items.
The easiest thing to do is to directly set the Label property of the object in before write with the formatted total you want to display. That appears to work fine.

(Btw - You may need to define the format text object with an initial string value, e.g. '0', as if it's a null string then I get an error when trying to set the label property. If it was originally defined with some text, then setting the label works fine. :D )

HTH

Andy
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Don't learn from your own mistakes - it's safer and more entertaining to learn from the mistakes of others!

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should!

#3 gkwalton

gkwalton

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Andy, that worked.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users