1 reply to this topic

#1 pdonahue

pdonahue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:15 PM

Another question..

Is it possible to have the PROIV client take part in changing the client's UNIX password? We have configured a password policy (through PAM) on the UNIX server that requires users to change passwords every given time period.

The Windows telnet window will appear, show the login where the PROIV client automatically entered the username and password, then the UNIX server will respond with "Your password has expired. Choose a new one. Changing password for [username]". It then prompts for "Old password: " to which the client should type their old password followed by a new one (when prompted for). Ideally PROIV would supply the old password then the user would select a new one. I tried adding "Zold password: " to the .PIV file but it crashed proiv.exe. Any suggestions? The main problem I'm having is that it seems the user has no control of that telnet window.. they can't type anything there even though it's focused on.

#2 gkwalton

gkwalton

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 09:48 PM

I am not sure this is exactly what you are looking for but you could...

Set the login via terminal radio button under the host tab in view -> options of the PROIV client. This gives you control over the telnet window. The problem then would be... how do you change the PROIV password, or would you have them log in twice?

Let me know what you think.

George.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users