Click the link below to see the new game I'm developing!

Photo
- - - - -

Finished off migrating the forums

No replies to this topic

#1 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 06:06 AM

Hi,

Ok, I've finished off the last things with transferring over to the new software.

All polls and attachments are now over and I have also flagged all the users who had the email flag set in the old forum in the new one.

The emailing system is a bit different in this forum. You have to subscribe to a forum and then you only receive emails on new topics posted. If you want to get emails for posts made against specific topics, you have to subscribe to each topic.

I have automatically subscribed everyone who had the email flag set in the old system to all the forums, apart from the test forum.

If you don’t want the emails, then just go to your 'My Controls' link at the top of the screen and then click on View Forums and unsubscribe what you want.

And sorry to the guys that I 're-emailed' their username & password too again just now, I ran the wrong script :)

I'm going to tidy up the members list also, cause we have quite a few dups. Why is it that some people are re-registering even though they are already registered??

I've also fixed the 'Mark all posts as read' for anonymous/guest uses on the front page, it works now.

There should be no more outstanding problems, but give me a mail if you find anything.

Rob D.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Click the link below to see the new game I'm developing!