- - - - -

Invoking PRO IV function from SQL query

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Surendra Aggarwal_*

Guest_Surendra Aggarwal_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 1999 - 05:56 AM

We are building a web page for clients. This web page needs to query PRO IV application (version 4.0) to retrive client data on query by query basis.

Question 1: Is it feasible? If yes then how it can be done.

Question 2: Doe PRO IV has API interface capabilities?

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Surendra

#2 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 31 August 1999 - 11:31 AM

Hi,

Two options I can think of.....

1) Try the JAVE Client for PRO-IV. This allows PRO-IV functions to run in a browser.

2) Make the web page write out it's information to a flat file. Then have a PRO-IV background job looking for this flat file, process the infromation and then output the data into a html page (by writing it to another flat file).

If you want to try it with option 2, drop me an Email and I'll send you the unix scripts etc that I used to create HTML pages from our PRO-IV database.

Hope this helps

Rob

#3 Guest_Surendra Aggarwal_*

Guest_Surendra Aggarwal_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 1999 - 12:59 AM

Rob,

Thanks a lot.

I think the first option is great since the people designing the web page are using Jave SQL to initiate the query. What needs to be done ie install some software option on PRO IV? Where do I find material to read or details about writing PRO IV function that exchanges data with the Java SQL?

I will also be interested in trying the option 2 as a fall back option. So please send me the scripts and the details.

Thanks once again.

Surendra

#4 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 01 September 1999 - 08:51 AM

If you look at http://www.proiv.com that describes the Java suite. You need to buy new licences and software to be able to use it.

I'll Email you the scripts etc in the next few days.

Rob

#5 Ken Morrison

Ken Morrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 1999 - 08:58 AM

PRO-IV version 4.6 has an API capability, also PRO-IV have developed a new product called Web Access which is a combination of HTML, a modified JavaScript (PJS) and the API. This would be the easist way for you to implement a link from a web site to a PRO-IV application.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users