Tag Names in Tab Screen

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lukas Delport

Lukas Delport

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 07:07 AM

I have created a screen with tab folders . When i changed the tag names of the fields in the tab logical screen and tried to gen the function i get an undefined tagname error . A logic search brings up nothing ? Then if i change the tag name back to what it was before the function gens .
Does anyone have an explanation for this ?

Regards
Lukas Delport

#2 Andy Jones

Andy Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:19 AM

That's not much information to work off Lukas, the actual error message would help!
If it's not logic, then maybe gen is complaining about an associated tag name on a format item or another field object?
Check that none still have the old tag name.

HTH

Andy
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Don't learn from your own mistakes - it's safer and more entertaining to learn from the mistakes of others!

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should!

#3 Lukas Delport

Lukas Delport

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 11:56 AM

The screen in question was copied from another screen and changes then made . The fields which form the inputs on the tab area's are the fields where the tag names were changed . There are no tag names in formats with the same name or even similar . It gens fine if the tag names are put back to the previous .

The error code is 713 .

#4 Andy Jones

Andy Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 12:23 PM

Having a field tag with a bad associated tag will give error 713. (formats, error 733)

Have you any prompt fields which when clicked navigate to their associated input field? If so check them - it's the value of their 'associated field tag' attribute that you are looking at, not the field's tag itself.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Don't learn from your own mistakes - it's safer and more entertaining to learn from the mistakes of others!

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users