18 replies to this topic

#16 Luke Neethling

Luke Neethling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:49 AM

HI Richard,

I have tried this with a function without any tables being accessed. It only exists once there is some user intervention. It sounded like you were on the right track.

Luke

#17 Luke Neethling

Luke Neethling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:54 AM

I have this timeout on various Operating systems now.
I am working on Linux 6.2 running proiv 4.6rev213. The only time this particular timeout is activated is if user intervention is performed for eg. the user presses any key. The @TIMEOUT has to be reset to 0 at function exit, when checking @SYSLOOK THE @TIMEOUT does not reset to 0.

I have tested this on SCO openserver 5 running proiv 4.6r209 and it works perfectly, the function exist to @TFUNCT and the @TIMEOUT AND @TFUNCT reset at function exit works.

When trying this on SCO Unixware 7.1.1, the function exists but the reset of @TIMEOUT and @TFUNCT , which is reset to zero at function exit does not work.. When running @SYSLOOK @TIMEOUT and @TFUNCT is still set.I am running proiv 4.6rev213 on the OS.

#18 Wim Soutendijk

Wim Soutendijk

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 11:19 AM

Unfortunately, using pro-iv 5.0 under Windows 2000 Server, regardless of what you specify in @TFUNCT, the time out will allways exit to OFF.

#19 Richard Bassett

Richard Bassett

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 01:47 PM

I doubt that a single function with no Oracle access is a sufficient diagnostic test Luke.

To be certain Oracle isn't part of the problem, I think you'd need to try it with a ProIV kernel that isn't linked with Oracle (ie. wasn't installed Oracle-capable).

Regs, Richard
Nothing's as simple as you think

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users